Add the ability to set a custom ‘from’ name for the newsletter

Currently Ghost uses the name of your publication in the from: name field. This isn’t ideal as real names could increase the open rate of the newsletter… but your publication might not use your real name.

I’d suggest a field to add a custom ‘from’ name in Settings → Email Newsletter.

Even better if the ‘from’ name could be defined by the authors name.

So if you have more writers on your site, the newsletter can have the person who wrote the newsletter/post as sender: For example “Kevin from Ghost” or “John from Ghost” instead of just Ghost.

Maybe even just first and lastname and not the publication name. So I think the ‘from name’ should be a part of the individual post and not in settings.

Yup, I’ve definitely wanted this feature for almost a year now. I keep getting lower open rates because my name isn’t in the from title.

Before Ghost 4.0, I was able to hard code my name into GhostMailer.js, but that hack doesn’t seem to work anymore.

Apologies - I had hard coded the wrong file. Here’s a link to the post with the fix: Is there a way to edit the name associated with the From: address of newsletter emails? - #7 by akarjeker

Hey!

Have you tried what the Ghost team suggests?

From address

By default the ‘from’ address for mail sent from Ghost is set to the title of your publication, for example <noreply@your-publication.com> . To override this to something different, use:

"mail": {
    "from": "support@example.com",
}

A custom name can also optionally be provided:

"mail": {
    "from": "'Acme Support' <support@example.com>",
}

Try to use a real, working email address - as this greatly improves delivery rates for important emails sent by Ghost (Like password reset requests and user invitations). If you have a company support email address, this is a good place to use it.

Taken from here: Configuration - Adapt your publication to suit your needs

Would also like the ability to have a different title for the emails than the actual posts.

Wow, didn’t know this was possible, thanks. Would this also be possible somehow with Ghost (Pro)? With my setup I don’t self host unfortunately.

I don’t know I’m afraid. If you are Ghost(Pro) customer, you can contact support: support@ghost.org