__aSyNcId_ showing on production blog

Hi! I’m hoping to get some help - we’ve recently (last day or two) seen a string similar to this one being printed at the top of our blog, as well as a similar string where the tag links are:

__aSyNcId_<_bZpwo_JT__

I can see this on a few other ghost blogs as well, does anybody know what might be causing it?

Thanks!
Adam

• What’s your URL? This is the easiest way for others to debug your issue
    Blog — ShopPop

• What version of Ghost are you using?

• What configuration?

• What browser?
    Chrome/Safari/Firefox

• What errors or information do you see in the console?
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘replace’ of undefined

• What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?
    Issue visible on production blog

1 Like

Hi @Adam_Passingham :wave: The __asyncId_ text can appear when async helpers get nested, this is most likely coming from usage of the {{#get}} helper (it’s listed as a limitation in the docs).

Are you able to pinpoint where in your templates the __asyncId__ is appearing? If you can it would be useful if you can share the template code so we can debug further.

Thanks Kevin! I’ll have a root around and get back to you.

Can you share what you are seeing?

We are trying to find out of we’ve suddenly made this issue worse some how!

Hi Hannah,

I came across a few other ghost blogs that showed similar behaviour when searching the issue:

https://blog.holygrow.nl/13-vragen-aan-bas-over-no-code/
https://circa1984.net/bye-wordpress-bonjour-ghost/
https://www.ghostblog.me/contact/

Replying to Kevin - the async ID is showing in three places on our blog at the moment: above and below the header/footer, as well as within the c-footer-widget__body class in the footer where we are performing a {{#get}} for all tags. I’ve searched our codebase for instances of nested {{#get}} calls but I can’t see any obvious culprits. Below is a copy of our footer.hbs for reference:

`

<div class='o-grid__col o-grid__col--4-4-s o-grid__col--2-4-m c-footer-widget-wrap {{#unless @labs.subscribers}} o-grid__col--2-4-l {{/unless}} {{#if @labs.subscribers}} o-grid__col--1-3-l {{/if}}'>
  <div class='c-footer-widget'>
    <h3 class='c-footer-widget__title'><span>{{t 'Tags' }}</span></h3>

<div class='c-footer-widget__body'>
      {{#get 'tags' limit='all'}}
        <ul class='c-footer-list o-plain-list c-widget-tags'>
          {{#foreach tags}}
            <li class='c-widget-tags__item'><a href='/blog/tag/{{slug}}' class='c-widget-tags__link'>{{ name }}</a></li>
          {{/foreach}}
        </ul>
      {{/get}}
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

<div class='o-grid__col o-grid__col--full'>
  <div class='c-footer__bottom'>
    <div class='o-grid'>

<div class='o-grid__col o-grid__col--4-4-s o-grid__col--2-4-m'>
        <div class='u-font-size-tiny c-footer__copyright'>
          &copy; {{ date format='YYYY' }} {{ @blog.title }}
        </div>
      </div>

</div>
  </div>
</div>
`

I’m not seeing the issue at all on local, appears only in production.

It’s disappeared from our blog now, but is still visible on the sites that I posted in reply to Hannah. It has disappeared and reappeared once already today, so I will keep an eye out and let you know if it returns!

Thanks!
Adam

Hi again - it has reappeared. I’m not currently making any changes to the blog, so curious as to why this is appearing and disappearing:

@Adam_Passingham can you please confirm the Ghost version of your production site?

We’re still actively investigating :slight_smile:

Thanks Hannah! We’re running 2.17.1

Oooooooops - we were convinced you were self-hosting by your original statement and have been chasing a bug in 2.17.1 or earlier.

I just double-checked - your production site is on Ghost(Pro) and running 2.19.2. We have a fix for this bug, which appears only in 2.19.2 and are already in the process of rolling the fix to Ghost(Pro) sites, so you should see the issue disappear shortly.

If you ever have any other issues with your Ghost(Pro) blog, please contact support@ghost.org :slight_smile: We’ll be able to help much more quickly that way!

Ahh my mistake, sorry to send you on a goose chase!

Thank you very much for the help, I’ll contact support in future.

Best
Adam