Attachments in sites/posts

Hello!
I really would love to see it, when Ghost can handle attachments in blogposts or pages.
For example, I’d like to link to my PGP-Key on a site, but the uploader only accept image types.

@timscha if you have one-off files then you can place them in your theme for Ghost to serve. However if you’re looking to upload files often then I think this is probably a duplicate of Media Library - Manage all files in one place?

@Kevin Thanks for the advice, I will try this!
I’m not really sure if it’s a dpulicate. I think it’s more an extension. :wink:

I’m not really sure if it’s a dpulicate. I think it’s more an extension. :wink:

Without a central media library it’s difficult to know what Ghost supposed to do with an uploaded file. Once a file is uploaded should it be inserted as a link, in a special downloads area, with certain UI?

We’re currently working on a new editor that will eventually allow expansion by adding custom “cards”. A valid use-case for that could be to have a “downloads” card or something similar within a post that can deal with uploaded files in a way that is suitable for the site owner’s particular use case.

Ok, you’re right. The way with a central media library sounds like a nice workflow for me.

Thanks for the link, I will take a look what you are working on! :slight_smile: