Can tagged PAGES show up in a tag list?

I create content as POSTS and also as PAGES. I use Tags on both Posts and Pages to organise the content. BUT, none of the tagged PAGES show up on my tag lists, only the POSTS.

Is that because Tag lists are exclusively for POSTS? Is there a way to include tagged PAGES in the same list as tagged POSTS?

I’ve looked through the documentation and can not find anything that says tags are exclusive for POSTS, plus I have the option to tag my PAGES. But I can not see why tagged PAGES get ignored.

Any suggestions? (please)

Pages are standalone content so they won’t be included in tag collections, since tags are feed-based collections.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, that explains why they are not showing up. What confused me is that the post settings sidebar on a PAGE has the option to add TAGS and check the FEATURE box, even though they appear to be redundant for PAGES. What has not helped me is that I can not find anywhere in the docs where it explicitly says that TAGS and FEATURE POST is ONLY FOR POSTS. It seems to be implied and assumed that the reader will know that.

Do you know if there is a workaround because I have content in Pages that I do not want on my Homepage but I want to be able to tag it so that readers can find it? At the moment I have built a page with bookmarks to each piece of Content, but it does not have the same look and feel as my Tag pages…and this is very frustrating. Any help greatly received.

Thanks again, Rick

I think the easiest option is to use custom collections (Dynamic Routing), and add a tag filter.

Something like this:

routes:
collections:
  /:
    permalink: /{slug}/
    template: index
    filter: tags:-[hash-no-home]
  /no-home/:
    permalink: /{slug}/
    template: index
    filter: tags:[hash-no-home]

taxonomies:
  tag: /tag/{slug}/
  author: /author/{slug}/

You can then tag the posts you mention with the #no-home tag, and it won’t show up on the home page.

docs: Ghost Themes - Dynamic URLs & Routing

Bumping this, as I’ve just run into the same problem.

I have a large number of pages tagged as Resource, because that’s what they are: resources for readers that are not time-based like a post. I also have posts tagged as Resource, because they are a resource as well, but much more, well, ephemeral.

So, is there any way to get the pages included in the tag list for Resource? Some hack, perhaps?

Do they need to be sorted together? My first thought is two separate gets but if you wanted overall alphabetical or something that’d be tricky…

Good idea. The only pages tag I want to have a tag page for is Resources. I could build a page that has “Resource Posts” and “Resource Pages” in two separate sections, each with its own Get. Will take some fiddling in this new theme (“Tripoli” by Aspire Themes, which I am REALLY liking), but is certainly doable.

Here is another method…