Can't change Support Mail address

Hello,
I’m getting an error when I want to change the support email on my blogs portal settings.

This is the error:

ghost     | [2023-11-22 19:10:02] ERROR "PUT /ghost/api/admin/newsletters/verifications/?include=count.active_members%2Ccount.posts" 500 44ms
ghost     | 
ghost     | An unexpected error occurred, please try again.
ghost     | 
ghost     | "Undefined binding(s) detected when compiling SELECT. Undefined column(s): [newsletters.id] query: select `newsletters`.* from `newsletters` where `newsletters`.`id` = ? limit ?"
ghost     | 
ghost     | Error ID:
ghost     |     bcb4faa0-896a-11ee-a8a7-a3e750495518
ghost     | 
ghost     | Error Code: 
ghost     |     UNEXPECTED_ERROR
ghost     | 
ghost     | ----------------------------------------
ghost     | 
ghost     | Error: Undefined binding(s) detected when compiling SELECT. Undefined column(s): [newsletters.id] query: select `newsletters`.* from `newsletters` where `newsletters`.`id` = ? limit ?
ghost     |     at module.exports.prepareError (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.74.0/node_modules/@tryghost/mw-error-handler/lib/mw-error-handler.js:102:19)
ghost     |     at QueryCompiler_MySQL.toSQL (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.74.0/node_modules/knex/lib/query/querycompiler.js:110:13)
ghost     |     at Builder.toSQL (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.74.0/node_modules/knex/lib/query/querybuilder.js:83:44)
ghost     |     at ensureConnectionCallback (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.74.0/node_modules/knex/lib/execution/internal/ensure-connection-callback.js:4:30)
ghost     |     at Runner.ensureConnection (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.74.0/node_modules/knex/lib/execution/runner.js:300:20)
ghost     |     at async Runner.run (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.74.0/node_modules/knex/lib/execution/runner.js:30:19)

I installed my blog using docker compose. A few days later I moved the folder with both folders for ghost and mysql to another server.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for help

I’ve opened an issue here

I don’t know how to solve this issue. It appears even on a new install of ghost and I don’t know whats going on.

If anyone has a clue how to solve this, please help.

Thanks

Not sure if it’s related, but when I try to change my support e-mail, the confirmation link that I receive never works and I get the following error message. I was able to change my newsletter e-mail successfully using the same approach so not sure what is going on with the support e-mail.

Did you ever get a fix for this?