Casper Modification (disable gulp?)

Hi everyone, I am working to modify casper as my theme for my project. However when i try to modify the CSS files nothing happens. I dug deeper and it seems that is because casper uses GULP to package changes, and it would appear if i dont run the gulp actions/tasks then the final files are not produced in their directory. Is there an easy way for me to disable gulp? I am not experienced enough to use it and would just prefer modifying the files myself for now.

It might be easier to add styles via site-wide code injection - the way Casper uses Gulp is to process the css and produce a minified output (in the built folder). You could add something like

<style>
.firebrick {background: firebrick}
</style>
1 Like

If the Code Injection route isn’t sufficient you don’t have to use gulp with Casper. If you’d rather edit CSS files directly you can edit the files in the assets/built folder instead of assets/css. In that case it may be best to delete the assets/css folder and gulpfile.js so that there’s no confusion and your changes don’t get overwritten.

1 Like

FYI i went with a tip from a developer friend and included my own .css file with changes in code injection.

1 Like