When looking at landing page traffic in Google Analytics, /?action=signup&success=true shows up as a landing page. It’s unlikely that users are arriving at this page. My suspicion is that they arrive elsehwere, sign-up successfully and that the “success” URL for some reasons shows up as another session. This is inflating traffic and misreporting engagement.
Are you sure this is a bug? If you just need help, post in the developer help category. If it’s a feature request, head to the ideas category.
- Pageviews for the membership signup are resulting in new sessions in analytics
- I would expect that pageview to be aggregated to the user’s actual sessions and not start a new one
Steps to Reproduce
- Log-in to Google Analytics
- Go to Behavior>Landing pages
- Look for /?action=signup&success=true