If you’re looking for help, please provide information about your environment. If you delete this template and don’t provide any information, your topic will be closed.
If you aren’t running the latest version of Ghost, the first thing we will ask you to do is update to the latest version of Ghost.
- What’s your URL? www.infinityabk.com.au
- What version of Ghost are you using? v3.26
- How was Ghost installed and configured? Docker swarm (docker-stack.yml)
- What Node version, database, OS & browser are you using? Deployed using Docker Swarm on Alpine Linux VPS (Linode). DB is Sqlite. Site viewed from Safari and Firefox on MacOS 10.15
- What errors or information do you see in the console? You can’t run commands as the ‘root’ user.
- What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having? Run Ghost in Docker and try to restart
I’m using Docker Swarm to run ghost when I try to restart it I get the “You can’t run commands as the ‘root’ user” error. I understand running in doctor isn’t supported and that the restart command apparently doesn’t work, but what i’m wanting to know is how to get around the issue. Any changes I make to the CSS aren’t populating until I stop and then start the Docker Stack which is a real pain in the proverbial time wise. I can understand change to the SASS file requiring it but i’m changing the SASS on my mac and generating a new CSS file and pushing to the server. Is there a way to have ghost use the CSS without a restart? If not is there a quicker way of having the changes populate without having to pull down the stack and start it again?
I’ve spent hours trying to search for answers and either they don’t exist or I just haven’t found the right search terms.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.