Email me when I have a new member

@JanOnesork - Thanks for the recco.

In many respects, Integromat looks a bit like the n8n and nodeRED cloud offerings John mentioned – and I do like the much better pricing model of Integromat over Zapier.

It still does not address the “ever-expanding Ghost stack” issue I raised – it’s another dependency to maintain … for what I contend should rightly be a basic feature of the platform.

Keep in mind, there could be a “Don’t send me new member sign-up emails” toggle if the number ever became overwhelming. But a little (‘n’) to the right of Members in the admin UI could signal a new signup today – the number is shown in the member dashboard.

@JanOnesork

I may be missing the obvious but I am looking to configure the Ghost module connection and the docs tell me to go to the module configuration panel but for the life of me I cannot find it!

I’d start with some of the templates to make the first configuration easier and adjust accordingly: https://www.integromat.com/en/integrations/ghost

I have it configured as a webhook in Integromat and custom integration (webhook) in Ghost admin.

1 Like

I started from the template and have been following the doc you linked to and have started the connection.

Now I am being asked for a target URL for which no explanation is offered.

Also - the implication is that each Integromat connection requires a new integration and webhook?

And finally, though I have a valid SSL certificate, I am getting an “unable to verify the first certificate” error when trying to save the connection.

Target URL will be the webhook URL from Ghost Admin (custom integrations) I guess.

Perhaps, but I cannot get past the “unable to verify the first certificate” error.

The “first certificate” issue was resolved by addressing a misconfiguration of the SSL cert. Once that’s one, Integromat generates the webhook URL.

This would be massively helpful

I would love if new signup notifications were a feature. It’s an appropriately expected feature for a membership platform. However, since Ghost is essentially free, or very affordable on the Pro plan (which we use), I don’t expect it to offer all the native features other more expensive membership platforms do. The only feature that I personally really need to see is the paid tiers, which is coming, as John said.

We eventually broke down and signed up for Zapier. If you use it to automate more than just the member signups, it really can be worth it. If you can find uses for it.

For example, I set up zaps to not only notify us by email, but also auto respond to the new member, integrating their name and info in the response to try and make it more personal. Something Patreon, by the way, couldn’t do.

Then, having the paid plan from Zapier, I found other uses for it, such as Listener Stories (which are submitted through our contact form) be auto-added to a Google Sheet so they can be easily organized and referenced. Then I setup another zap to auto-create wordpress drafts posts from those stories as well. (yeah, still using wordpress for our main site lol).

Long story short, Zapier can definitely be worth the basic paid plan, if you can find things for it to do. But of course, who wouldn’t love more features like this in Ghost? Icing on the cake.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll starting also with templates! :innocent:

Suggest having a look at using a Cloudflare worker calling EmailJS triggering from a Ghost new member callback.

1 Like

Would like to have these features as well. I think they’re basic functions that are needed.

Hi all I am currently building a tool for automating email notifications and automated emails to members. If you are interested check this thread

Just curious if you’re still working on this? :)

@beliefhole.podcast yes I have been working on it and went through a rebranding today. The app is now called https://newsletterkit.co you can find an in depth demo going over how it works, setting up a ghost newsletter and creating a new subscriber workflow

1 Like

@charlesloubao the tool you made looks fantastic.

Still, I think it’s shameful that such a basic thing isn’t supported within Ghost.
But Ghost oversight on basic features may be your profit in providing it, so congrats.

2 Likes

@snirda Thank you for the kind words. The simplicity of Ghost can be an advantage or a weakness depending on the situation but the fact that creators can use integrations like cove chat, NewsletterKit and others to extend functionality is a move in the right direction I personally think for creators and for those creating solutions.

If you ever need help with setting up your NewsletterKit account (if you were to needed it) feel free to send me a DM :slight_smile:

Update for this thread: As of today, Ghost can send you an alert every time a new member signs up, starts a paid subscription, and/or cancels a paid subscription. You can read more about the feature here :slight_smile: