I’ve hosted Ghost in the past - albeit a couple of years ago. A new command-line install - woohoo, great - at last.
I’ve run into the following issues/questions:
- the install barfs with the default mysql-server in Debian stable because that is MariaDB and has the socket-uid authentication turned on. Solution: set up your ghost-db and user before you run ghost install
- letsencrypt ACME implementation is not as distro recommeds - better to skip this and use certbot from stretch-backports afterwards -> note that flipping to HTTPS only will cause renew problems, but that is a certbot-nginx-config issue…
- installing a second ghost-blog - works ok, up to the end - then something silently failed. There is an ENTER PASSWORD dialogue - which password does it want? I entered my UID password assuming that it assumes all sudo is with password - silently fails. Website is up and running, but no images and ownership is still my normal UID account.
My questions are:
- what ownership / permissions does ghost want on /var/www/ghost and children?
- how do I resume the stalled install…