Getting an error running `ghost doctor` on root

I’m running on Ubuntu, v18.04.3 LTS via a Digital Ocean droplet. When I SSH into the server, running ghost doctor in the root directory, the Ghost CLI used to provide a helpful reminder to run it from a directory where Ghost is configured.

I updated the Ghost CLI and other NPM dependencies which seemed to be successful, but now I get the following error message:

An error occurred.
Message: ‘ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat ‘/home/ghost-mgr/content’’

Debug Information:
Node Version: v10.16.3
Ghost-CLI Version: 1.14.1
Environment: production
Command: ‘ghost doctor’

Stack: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat ‘/home/ghost-mgr/content’
at Object.lstatSync (fs.js:845:3)
at Object.shouldUseGhostUser (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/utils/use-ghost-user.js:46:22)
at Task.enabled [as _enabledFn] (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/commands/doctor/checks/content-folder.js:12:30)
at Task.check (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/listr/lib/task.js:67:27)
at Listr._checkAll (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/listr/index.js:55:9)
at Listr.run (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/listr/index.js:92:8)
at UI.listr (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/ui/index.js:219:50)
at system.hook.then (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/commands/doctor/index.js:50:28)
at tryCatcher (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:547:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:604:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:649:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:729:18)
at _drainQueueStep (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:93:12)
at _drainQueue (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:86:9)
at Async._drainQueues (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:102:5)

I’m not sure why it’s now throwing an error instead of suggesting the the command be rerun from the correct directory. Is there a way to restore or fix this functionality?

Of note, cd’ing into /var/www/ghost and running the command works as expected.

Thanks for any assistance.