Ghost 3.1 Can't get Mailgun & Member signup working on my Ghost install

Just want to add something that might help others. Mailgun told me to use port “587”, so I used this when entering smtp info in config.production.json. But every time I entered an email in the subscribe field on my blog, it would tell me to enter a valid email address. As soon as I changed the port to “465” everything worked!

2 Likes

Hello,
can you please give more details? I did everything but still SMTP does not work for me :frowning:

This is vital! The example in the offical Ghost docs use port 587 but this didn’t work for me. Using port 465 fixed everything

Huge thanks!

@Kevin is it possible to create a Loom with all of the above. Noob-proof, I mean.

Me for example I’m happy that I installed Ghost a Digital Ocean droplet while rerouting through Cloudflare.

Now I’m attempting to set-up Mailgun (added the TXT, CNAME and MX in Digital Ocean and awaiting the verification of the DNS records -> 24h have passed, so maybe I’ve messed up.
Did I had to add the DNS records to Cloudflare or to Digital Ocean?

From there I don’t have a clue what to do. No idea how and with which program to change the config.production.json file etc.

Is there a video out there already about this? I guess it would help out a lot of people.

Ok, got it done. Needed to go through the steps on Cloudflare. not DO. Still can’t send to Members after posting though.

I will be in same boat soon - so let me know if you get a fix Matviee - hope you do!I have same setup with Cloudflare / DO

When I try to signup it gives the error " Failed to sign up, please try again Members "
try here : https://neurologicaldisorders.co
please help me man

I’m also having this issue here: https://copysmith.ai/resources/newsletter

I’ve followed the configuration in my local files, and have also set Mailgun settings via the UI:

"mail": {
"transport": "SMTP",
"options": {
  "service": "Mailgun",
  "host": "smtp.mailgun.org",
  "port": 465,
  "secureConnection": true,
  "auth": {
    "user": "postmaster@blog.copysmith.ai",
    "pass": "98e6194a0dfdc8317e63cb2dcb2fa3cd-4879ff27-7e8077da"
  }
}

}

any luck with changing secureConnection to false?

Sometimes removing secureConnection and port have worked for me.

2 Likes