Hosted using coolify ,no new user signup

Issue Summary

• Explain roughly what’s wrong
    When user clicks on subscribe and submits the details nothing happens the buttons is in loading state forever
  • What did you expect to happen?
    magic link being sent out to users.

Steps to Reproduce

1.Go to https://shivamchaudhary.ml

1. Try signin in

Setup information

Ghost Version
Node.js Version
If self-hosting - share which version of Node.js you’re using.

How did you install Ghost?
Provide some details about your install of Ghost if you are self-hosting.

Provide details of your host & operating system
Include further details about your hosting and OS.

Database type
*MySQL 8.0

added the config and restarted ghost now i get error in logs

Are you on ghost 5.21 or higher? Ghost only supports MySQL 8 since 5.0, but 5.21 has the first breaking changes for older MySQL and mariaDB. (Your original post said 5.7 and then you changed it to 8. Are you sure?)

Another possibility is that your outgoing email isn’t set up.

I checked and have mysql 8.0 only and ghost is 5.22.Ccoolify uses docker to make an instance of ghost how do i setup outgoing email is there a way to do so in the dashboard. I configured newsletter and it works.

Yes i am sure i didn’t new what version it used now that i checked it is 8.0

@Cathy_Sarisky hey so i went to my server listed all containers and went into ghost’s bash and configured smtp there but now i can’t run ghost restart so i created new user but this new user is also not able to restart it. if i redploy it from coolify it deletes al the changes i made . is there a workaround ?

Failed to send magic link email Error when trying to sign up - #10 by mjw this helped me fix it
changed port changed secure to false

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.