How do I build a ghost project?

Hi. I’m a totally new in Ghost, I just got on new project which no one knows how to handle. The project seems to be packed inside docker image and delivered to AWS S3 somehow. From what I can see in docker files, the project should have core/built folder which currently does not exist here so my main question now is - how to build it?

I found here few grunt tasks like build and dev but non of them currently work for me:

set@set-home ~/www/journalist $ grunt build
Running "clean:tmp" (clean) task
>> 0 paths cleaned.

Running "subgrunt:dev" (subgrunt) task
Warning: The "core/client" directory is not valid, or does not contain a Gruntfile. Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.
set@set-home ~/www/journalist $ grunt dev
Running "dev" task

Running "clean:built" (clean) task
>> 0 paths cleaned.

Running "bgShell:client" (bgShell) task

Running "express:dev" (express) task
Starting background Express server
[2019-03-02 23:52:22] WARN Theme's file locales/en.json not found. 
[2019-03-02 23:52:22] ERROR

NAME: InternalServerError

level:normal

Port 2368 is already in use by another program.
Is another Ghost instance already running?
InternalServerError: (EADDRINUSE) Cannot start Ghost.
    at new GhostError (/home/set/www/journalist/core/server/lib/common/errors.js:9:26)
    at Server.<anonymous> (/home/set/www/journalist/core/server/ghost-server.js:79:30)
    at Server.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at emitErrorNT (net.js:1313:8)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)

Stopping Express server

Running "watch" task
Waiting...
Running "subgrunt:watch" (subgrunt) task
Warning: The "core/client" directory is not valid, or does not contain a Gruntfile. Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.
>> Error: Command failed: grunt subgrunt:watch

is this are the right way to build it? what is wrong here? any help highly appreciated

What version of Ghost are you using?

grunt build should build everything for you, but looks like the core/client directory is in an incorrect state.

If you’ve started on this project which no one knows how to handle, it might be prudent to move away from this setup, and use one of our supported installation methods: https://docs.ghost.org/install/ubuntu/ You can import all your current content into the other installation.

If not, I’ll do the best to help with what you have :+1:

closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.