How do I switch off subscription pricing after turning it on? (No subscribers yet)

Hi folks,

This is almost certainly a silly question with an obvious solution, but how do I switch off subscription pricing after turning it on in “members”?

I switched it on just to see what it would look like in my new theme and there doesn’t seem to be an option to disable it now it’s switched on. See here:

The only subscriber (non-paying “member”) in there right now is me, as I haven’t moved my actual list of subscribers over yet. I’m not looking to go paid right now so just want to switch the paid options off and then edit my theme to remove references to it for now.

In case it’s relevant, the theme is Joben and the site in question is here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

There’s nothing you need to disable - if you don’t want to take payments then the only thing you need to do is edit your theme to not have any payment flows.

If looks like you might not be running the latest version of Ghost though, so I would definitely suggest upgrading first

Thanks, think I’ve managed to sort all that now.

Not sure how to update Ghost if I’m not running the latest version though. I remember going to the Pro account and seeing a prompt there in the past, but nothing appears there at the moment. Can I maybe update Ghost via my site’s backend instead?

I see this page but command line stuff is a bit beyond my coding abilities. Crossing my fingers there’s an easier way…