A nice thing to see in the future would be a place to manage all your photos and files that you upload. At this moment we can only upload pictures to our server or select an external one with Unsplash App. Some interesting features would be:
- Delete an image - Right now we can’t delete a picture unless we go in content/images folder and delete it manually.
- Define image sizes - Some themes, including Casper, have a list of posts that can show the featured image in loop. Unfortunately we have to show the full size of the image in there. That might be slow in some cases.
- Multiple file extentions - Upload videos, pdfs, webp and other type of files. Right now only .GIF, .JPG, .JPEG, .PNG, .SVG are supported.
- Images management - See all your uploaded images and search for a desired picture.
- Reusability - Ability to reuse an uploaded image. Now we need to upload it again if we want to set it as a featured image.
- Manipulate - Be able to crop, resize, rotate, apply filter effects, etc.
and more …
The list is crazy, of course, and it would take a huge amount of time to deliver something like this. I’m not sure if all the ideas are good or should be implemented as core features. Manipulate could be done by user on local or by an App.
The first 2, personally, I think that are the most important.
I’m pretty sure there are more features that people would love to see but there are not in this list. Feel free to list anything here