MEDIUM IMPORT PROBLEM SOLVED (or at least good enough for most purposes)
I’m the managing technical/general content editor for the DREAM.ac blog (we are refugees from Medium).
I sorted out a workaround for moving Medium blog posts over to Ghost:
- Highlight & copy all the items you would like to copy over
- Paste this into a TEXT document in Libreoffice (I expect Word would also work)
- Save this document as .HTML
- Open that document in Firefox
- Highlight the items you would like to paste
- Right click, select VIEW SOURCE, copy the highlighted HTML
- Paste into Ghost
This results in relatively clean HTML being posted into Ghost, and it often displays perfectly. You will need to re-upload photos, fix links, etc. but that isn’t too hard. You can view the HTML source in other browsers, but FF makes it easy to select only what you need.
I hope this helps. We really love Ghost, and if you want to love us back, then please check us out, We also have a Telegram channel.
I sincerely hope this helps everyone to jump over Medium’s garden walls.