"Native" comments for Ghost

Thanks Vikas!

any plans to integrate the billing in with Ghost’s ?
not sure what the admin dashboard looks like, but is it integrated into the ghost admin dashboard?

Hi!

Cove will always be a separate product so it’s not possible to integrate billing with Ghost (especially as Ghost can be hosted on a number of different hosts).

The Cove admin is its own application (at app.cove.chat). It looks like this:

Hi @dan I’m trailing out Cove and have left a message via your Help box and a DM in this forum. Be great to go through a few queries as my trial period ends in a week. Thanks :slight_smile:

Please send any specific service requests to my email dan@cove.chat, not this forum. It’s not helpful for others.

OK I’ll check now, thanks!

I will do, thanks.

Hi Dan, currently I think you have the pricing set such that both the basic and regular plans are limited to 1 site only, and then there’s a big jump to unlimited sites on the pro plan. Any chance you’d consider increasing the maximum number of sites on the regular plan to 3 or maybe even 5? I think you’d probably get a lot more customers (like me). I’m not planning to have paid subscribers/members so $25/month would be too much for me.

Hi Donald,

I’m not planning to add more sites on the Regular plan. The get-around is to create new Cove accounts for each site.

There isn’t a big jump to the Pro plan; priced at $25, you start saving money as soon as you add a third site. It is meant to be cost effective once you go over two sites.

If I can be blunt, offering 3–5 sites for $10 makes no sense for me as the business owner. That’s as little as $2/site. I just don’t want to to run a service that cheaply.

1 Like

No problem at all, Dan. I understand. I have no idea what your expenses are etc.

And for people who are running monetized blogs/websites, the $25 option is probably very affordable, especially if they are running 3.

What you have built looks great anyway. Best of luck with everything :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @dan, I just have some follow-up questions about Cove and wondering if you might like to join us in the Slack chat? I’m once again looking at using Cove for a few different sites, and I think interacting with other Ghost users in the Slack chat might be beneficial for you as well.

Somebody earlier in this thread said “I checked out Cove and I am absolutely against some of the language in the ToS, Privacy, and data practices departments… I ran and will never look back or ever consider it a solution.” I am curious to hear your perspective on that as well.

Hi Donald. I’m not sure what parts of the terms they were talking about. Cove uses standard terms and as a product protects data, deletes data on request and never shares it outside its closed system.

I’m happy to answer questions here or over email dan@cove.chat.

1 Like

That was me, and it still stands.

Hello!
I could not install Cove on my blog. It says “Fatal error: Templates must contain valid handlebar”

Affected files:
  • post.hbs : The partial comments could not be found

Hi Olga,

Thank you for trying Cove!

You are missing a file called “partials/comments.hbs”. In Step 3 of the Install instructions, you need to create this file and paste in the comment code. Make sure that the name is correct.

The {{> comments}} code from Step 4 is trying to load this “partials/comment.hbs” code into the page.

Hope this helps!

-Dan