New to Ghost, many questions, please offer some help

Hey all,

I am new to Ghost, having just set up the account a week ago. I started Ghost(Pro) and then also installed locally assuming that I could make changes to my Ghost(Pro) locally and turns out I can’t.

Following are some questions I’d love some help on:

1. So now I have my Ghost(Pro) site and my local install. If I edit my local version and upload it, will it erase all my posts, tags etc that I have uploaded? If so can I download my current theme/site and edit that locally with all my current posts/tags.
  2. How do I edit my navbar? I have gone to global and screen CSS files and edited the color with no success. The color just doesn’t change.
  3. I want to edit my postcards to show the author name and amount of views + comments like on ‘scotch.io
  4. How do I create new pages? I read the doc page but do not understand completely. Do I just add a file locally and name it page-about.hbs for example if the page is an about page? How do I decide the URL for the page?
  5. On ‘Code Integration’ I cannot paste anything into site head, the form is not responsive, but in the footer, I can. Any clue as to why?

Notes

Using the latest version of Ghost
Ghost(Pro) and local install
Using Google Chrome

Hi Fahad!

If you’re having any issue with a Ghost(Pro) site, please drop us an email on support@ghost.org and we’ll be more than happy to give you a hand directly :slightly_smiling_face:

In fact, I’ve just reached out to you directly via email if you’d like to check your inbox. :inbox_tray:

Cheers,
Sarah