Signin redirect / 502

I’m hosting my ghost instance in a subdirectory /ghost, with nginx acting as a reverse proxy. I managed to get the location block in nginx working fairly quickly, and

example dot com/ghost

showed me the homepage for the blog with all the example posts. What I was not able to do, was navigate to the login at

example dot com/ghost/signin

, it just redirected me back to the base subdirectory and homepage.

I tried editing my

/var/www/ghost/config.production.json

to change the subdirectory thinking maybe example.com/ghost was somehow redirecting incorrectly, but this caused an error 502 bad gateway. I’ve since changed it back, but the 502 remains. All my other subdirectories work fine still. To clarify, I also adjust my nginx

example.conf

file with the same change and then reversion as the ghost c.p.json file.

So I guess I have two questions now, should I just wait and see if maybe cloudflare needs to update for the 502 error? And what do you make of my original redirecting to the home page problem?

I don’t know where the documentation is, but the subdirectory you mount ghost to can’t end with ghost. So example.com/ghost is not okay, but ghost.example.com and example.com/ghost/testing is also okay.

To access your admin panel, you need to access {root}/ghost - your case would be example.com/ghost/ghost, which would take you on the exciting journey of an infinite redirect loop

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.