Add Text Align in Editor

Add text alignment in the text editor. Perhaps an old request?

Yeah, that would be nice to have. You can somewhat do this via snippets/raw html but really not ideal.

Yes, we can and no, that’s not ideal.

It’s like when I asked for the “why” behind not having an image gallery and getting the answer “use a snippet / that’s why we have snippets” and my response was “so, having a few hundred snippets, trying to remember which one is which one and so forth is more optimal to you instead of implementing a simple gallery function?”

Anyhow. This and the link target is so very basic that I’m starting to wonder how to the devs think.

1 Like

Yes, I’m very surprised this isn’t in the ghost editor, although I think it’s a common thing to be left out. Hope it gets added :slight_smile:

I would like to add my vote for this feature, and to elaborate a bit.

I sometimes post content where a left-aligned block of text needs to be center-aligned.

This is easily achieved with an HTML block like this:

<div style="text-align: center;">
    <div style="display: inline-block; text-align: left;">
        The lines of my poem<br />
        Are part of a block of text<br />
        Which<br />
        Is<br />
        Left<br />
        Aligned<br />
        And centered.<br /><br />
    </div>
</div>

However, this is obviously more cumbersome than simply using a built-in feature in the editor. Styling text in this way can also sometimes cause unwanted results with certain themes or in the newsletter vs. the post as displayed on the site.

Ideally, a text alignment feature would be nice if it included the standard left, right, center, and the ability to create custom alignments such as the one I mention above.

My example text renders something like this:

1 Like