Bulk pages or posts delete

How to delete multiple pages and posts in Ghost CMS

3 Likes

Hi @anantajabe25 :wave:
Have you recently imported posts and pages from another site?

Currently we have to enter edit mode of post to delete it. I think we should can select posts by checkbox. Also toggle all option can be added to core. On the other hand there is no trash folder for removed posts. Ghost is nice project but may be it is going slowly when I ompare it with other open source projects.

1 Like

I’ll second this. The ability to delete, apply tags, or publish/unpublish en masse would be a very useful feature.

1 Like

Is there any update on this? Would be very helpful to have checkbox with ability to select many posts.

2 Likes

Maybe there is some plugin or script?

It would be good to see this implemented, it’s very tedious having to enter each post in order to delete.

1 Like

the closest workaround I found is to use your own website, to open all the links you want to edit in separate tabs, then go on each tab, append /edit to the article (this will open up the article in the Ghost editor)…it’s a slightly faster method, when you have lots of posts

1 Like

Another workaround, depending on how many posts you want to delete (do you want to delete almost all of them?) would be to create a new staff member, manually change the author of the posts you would like to keep to that new staff member (perhaps using the open links in separate tabs method that @josephkman mentions above) and then delete the original staff member which will delete all of the posts authored by them. Of course if you wanted to delete all of your posts entirely, you could simply just delete the staff member without reattributing any posts, just like you can do to delete the original placeholder posts that are authored by the system Ghost user.

Having said that, I agree it would be useful to have a checkbox to delete or edit details of many posts at once (for example, you might want to add a new tag to all of your existing posts, or change the author for many of them, and if you have hundreds of posts, this could take a while).