Casper Nav Bar Colors

Howdy,
I’m switching over to the Casper theme from Edition and am trying to get a few things worked on on the design. Originally I was attempting to add a larger hero image to the homepage as the narrow panoramic isn’t conducive to what I am doing. As a workaround, since I was unable to find any documentation on how to do this, I put a logo on a white background in place of that image. The only problem is now the nav bar items are hidden - white on white.

Is there a way to change the color of the nav bar items OR have the navigation bar remain at the top separate from that image on the homepage - such as you find when looking at a post?

Cheers,
Jared

Hey! I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re doing, so let me know if I’m off base.

With Casper, you have a few options for the hero image on the homepage. Go to Settings > Design > Homepage > Publication cover image. There, you can change the image to be larger or not to feature one at all. That may help you out design wise.

Another thing to note is that the navbar will default to your accent color (Settings > Design > Brand) when you don’t have an image set.

Let me know if that’s the ticket or see if you can share a link or screenshot to make it easier to see what you need :smile:

Thanks so much. I got this all worked out.

You could use the following in the code injection header to change the navbar color in casper. This will override whatever accent color you have set.

<style>
.gh-head {
    background: #000000;
    }
</style>