Error in template after installing TailwindCSS

I am trying to install TailwindCSS in my theme. I followed this guide. However, when I launch Ghost’s local host I get this error:

Oops, seems there is an error in the error template.
Encountered the error:

Failed to lookup view "/Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/My_Novel/ghostWebsite/versions/5.13.2/core/server/views/error.hbs" in views directory "/Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/My_Novel/ghostWebsite/content/themes/casper"

whilst trying to render an error page for the error:

undefined
Failed to lookup view "/Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/My_Novel/ghostWebsite/versions/5.13.2/core/server/views/error.hbs" in views directory "/Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/My_Novel/ghostWebsite/content/themes/casper"

My console is returning this error message:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) - :2368/favicon.ico 

Here is my theme

I cloned your repo and installed the theme. It worked for me! It looks like something strange happened with your install.

Since you haven’t done anything with the install yet, I would reinstall Ghost locally, clone your repo, and start fresh.

1 Like

Out of curiosity when you were able to get it working did you install my theme on a Mac or Windows? I just installed macOS 12.6 and then ran through your steps and now it is loading fine. However, prior to upgrading to 12.6 I tried three different times installing ghost locally, cloning my repo, and starting over fresh and I got the same error message every time. I am curious if it could be an OS issue… Also randomly when I installed macOS 12.5 it erased yarn from my machine :man_shrugging:t2: so it would seem it was a pretty buggy OS version - at least for me…

Thanks for your help with the issue. I appreciate it :smiley:

Strange. I’m currently on 12.5 and had it working. Glad you got it working now though!

How do you like working with Tailwind with your Ghost theme?

1 Like

I was missing a step in the setup but @Cathy_Sarisky got me sorted out. It is great being able to code the CSS in-line with the code instead of a separate file. For me and the way my brain works it really is the only way I can code efficiently.

2 Likes