Image Attribution field for the Post Image

Background

I sometimes use images from WikiCommons as the “post image” for my Ghost posts. I would like to add an image attribution for the post image. Ideally, in the published post, the attribution would render at the top-left corner of the post image.

As far as I can tell, Ghost currently has no built-in way to attribute the post image; so I place the image attribution at the bottom of the post. Here is an example Starting with WSL 2 with the attribution at the bottom of my post.

If it does not already exist, I would like to create a custom integration that provides a field for “post image attribution.”

Questions

1. Where is the documentation that would help me build a custom integration of that nature?
  2. Does an integration of this nature already exist? Where can I find it?

Mockup The red arrow points to my ideal integration:

2 Likes

Hey :wave:. We already have a thread about a feature like this over here:

If you’re wanting to contribute to Ghost then check out our contributing guide:

Hi @DavidDarnes. I am contemplating contributing this feature to Ghost. Given that I have been developing NodeJS applications for five years or so, I think I have the technical skills to do it. I have read this: Ghost/CONTRIBUTING.md at main · TryGhost/Ghost · GitHub What is the next step for moving forward on this? For instance, do I open a Pull Request immediately or open an Issue first?

The contributing guide mentions the following:

If you’ve got an idea for a new feature, please start by suggesting it in the forum, as adding new features to Ghost first requires generating consensus around a design and spec.

A consensus can be better generated on the original idea I linked to :slight_smile:

@DavidDarnes Thank you for letting me know. As far as I can tell, I am unable to comment on the original idea to which you linked. The “Reply” button is missing:
I did go ahead and click the “Heart” button, though.