I solved this one myself, but I don’t understand why it happened, and it might help the team so I am sharing.
- I am self hosting using a vultr VM
- Ubuntu 16.04
- nginx 1.10.3
- Ghost 1.24.1 (production mode)
- MySQL Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.22
- using the latest Casper theme
Background if it matters:
- I recently upgraded to 1.24.1 from 0.11.
- Fresh install on a new VM.
- Configured nginx myself with my own ssl crt and key
- Exported data from old blog, imported in new.
Steps that lead to the error
- Install is done. Website is confirmed up. Ghost is working.
- Ghost Admin: Settings:Apps:Slack is not configured. I am not using it so I left this unconfigured.
- Created a new post using GhostAdmin on a laptop (web browser, normal web app). Edited team member pages. Edited bad markdown on imported posts.
- Everything is fine. All working as expected.
- Using ghost app on android phone: create a new post with an image.
- Post fails to publish but informs me that it saved locally
- Check admin panel via web browser on laptop and confirm that new post is there and unpublished
- I try to publish it there and it fails with that red banner:
Can not find property 'url' of undefined.
- using ghost-cli I check the logs and see 500 errors on the PUT request for the post.
core/server/services/slack.jsis identified in the stack trying to send a ping request.
How I solved It
- I insert a
returnat the top of the function
- I restart ghost.
- Create post. Publish.
getSlackSettings is returning an undefined object because I did not configure slack.