Koenig Editor Block / Feature Request: H1 / H2 Header based post anchor navigation widget / block

Makes sense.

It looks like this one is generally the currently implemented Javascript (jQuery) being used by others on the forum: Here is a way to do Table of Contents (ToC) - #4 by MLFromScratch

Generally I think that works and I can see not wanting to add anything to the ghost editor that can be done client side when needed — I would however like to keep this open since while clientside Javascript (implemented by Ghost) and frameworks may conflict it is very unlikely that adding an HTML anchor could / would conflict.

The headers already have the IDs — so those are being generated — an anchor tag seems like it would be pretty easy to add there (even if it was not used / referenced by everyone). This has the added benefit of allowing external links to point to a specific header (Ala Github’s markdown implementation seen on Readme.mds: https://github.com/TryGhost/Ghost/blob/master/README.md).

I guess the counter argument is really about not adding any additional code weight to the page that won’t be used which is for sure valid.

My issue is that really there is a reasonable amount of front end Js work required to handle re-routing an externally referenced on page anchor link within the page - which is for sure beyond the code I have seen on the forum thus far.

That can be done but I feel like the anchor links are unlikely to conflict with anything else moving so they could be safer / agnostic across frameworks that could be laid on top? I really don’t know what the plan is as far as on page anchors moving into the future with HTML spec in general!