Member subscribe not working with Gmail address

Hi All,

I set up Ghost using DigitalOcean’s one-click image install about 2 days ago (Ghost Version: latest; OS: Ubuntu 18.04. I have set up with the Membership features with Mailgun and sent a test email. Right now I do not have Stripe integrated as I intend to use it mainly as a free subscriber list. I can send test emails via the Labs page, and have successfully signed myself up using 2 alternate emails with custom domains. However, when I try to sign up my normal gmail account, I get an error. I am completely at a loss as to why it wouldn’t be working with Gmail of all things.

My email address does contain periods (s.email@gmail.com) but even trying to sign up without the periods in the first portion of the domain does not work either.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. It seems to not allow gmail as well as outlook.

1 Like

Hi, I figured out the issue. You have to go into the server and configure the settings on the server even though it seems like it can be set up through the web interface. For some reason, it will work for some domains like Gsuite but not Gmail unless you set up.

3 Likes