Need help with running Ghost. It is giving me connection/permission problems with Apache on Ubuntu 16.04

I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and Apache. MySQL and Node JS version 8.X(recommended) is already installed. I gave the root userrole a password for the MySQL Server and a Database was created. upon unzipping Ghost in /var/www/ and installing and running it with "sudo npm start --production " i get this error:

NAME: DatabaseError CODE: ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR MESSAGE: ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

What seems to be the problem? I am trying to use Ghost for the first time and it wont even run out of the box without problems. I am expecting that when i type the command “npm start --production”

By default, Ghost should run on http://localhost:2368, I would be able to open a web browser and go to the URL and see the Ghost Welcome Page. So why is Ghost complaining about a connection problem in the terminal and wont run?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.