One blog, multiple themes

Hi everyone,

I’ve just installed Ghost 2.26 on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, which will be self hosted. It works great, and probably will work even better on a RasPi 4 !

The content of the blog will be either articles or photos.

I find the theme London perfect for the photos, the theme Editorial very nice for the articles, and the theme Massively for the home page with all the posts together.

I was wondering if something like this is possible, have those 3 themes available on one blog. If not, what is the best (eg. easiest) solution ?

My routes.yaml looks like this, if that helps. Thank you very much in advance.

routes:
  /articles/:
    controller: channel
    filter: tag:[article]
  /photos/:
    controller: channel
    filter: tag:[photos]

collections:
  /:
    permalink: /{slug}/
    template: index

taxonomies:
  tag: /tag/{slug}/
  author: /author/{slug}/

I think your best bet would to take the individual templates from each of them and merge them into one; ghost doesn’t allow you to pick a theme based on the route (which makes sense :wink:)

It would take a bit of work, but should be relatively easy to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I found a trade off through the Mapache theme which allows to switch between post templates through a pull down menu in the post window.

Hey Vikas,
I am trying to add the podcast page template to the default casper theme, how do I combine these and what should I look for?
I included the podcast hbs, and added the required css classes, but when I upload the new theme, I get the error that in needs the required handlebars.

You mentioned it would take a bit of work which I wouldn’t mind, but how do I combine them?

I’m not sure I fully understand your question, but if you’re having issues uploading your theme, have you run it through gscan? Gscan can tell you if you have any deprecated or invalid handlebars logic :)