One tier or multiple tiers per user?

Quick question: will tiers be exclusive or could someone be a member of multiple tiers?

I’m assuming that a user has one tier and that choice simplifies things quite a bit.

But also just thinking on what could be unlocked if a user could be a member of multiple tiers.

I might be trying to shoehorn what should be done with labels into tiers, but tiers are available for permissions and for in theme evaluation, and currently labels are not.

1 Like

Hey @rsingel - Right now we’re limiting the functionality to one tier / subscription per user. As you said, that avoids a ton of rabbit holes and keeps things simple.

I don’t anticipate this changing soon, but please feel free to shoot over some of the use cases you’re having trouble with for future reference.

1 Like

Hey @prschulz,

I’ve got a use case for multiple tiers per user:

Grant access to multiple digital products in Ghost instead of just another platform.

That would be a huge relief for my customers - they could access everything in Ghost, instead of needing to remember 2 different logins/places to log in.

And it would save my business 50-300 bucks per month, depending on which provider I’ll choose to set this up now.

Would be very happy if this feature would be included!

3 Likes