Permission issues on digital ocean droplet

If you’re looking for help, please provide information about your environment. If you delete this template and don’t provide any information, your topic will be automatically closed.

If you aren’t running the latest version of Ghost, the first thing we’ll ask you to do is update to the latest version of Ghost.

URL: https://www.techiemike.com/
Latest version

And

Installed using the ghost droplet auto install

This is the 3rd time I have had to create a new droplet - so the site is currently offline

after waiting for the new droplet ip to populate, I log in via putty - the script automatically runs - I then go to my website and finish off the setup adding the site name and admin info.

I upload my site theme and reimport my data - when I try to upload an image I get EACCES: permission denied, copyfile.

I have not edited any of the permissions nor have I added another account, I have read numerous posts some suggesting ghost was installed as root (I have no idea the script runs) some suggest changing various folder permissions for ghost:shost, ghost-mgr:ghost-mrg and root:root as soon as I alter permissions I get a new error Message: Systemd process manager has not been set up or is corrupted.

and then my ghost stops working I get a 500 error on the server because ghost is not running when I try to start ghost I get another error.

Why is it so difficult to get ghost running with the correct permissions?

Should I create a droplet and then run the ghost install myself as there seems to be an issue with the script used on digital ocean as far as permissions go.

Or am I supposed to do something after, that I have missed?