Problem with the node version

Hi,

I have a problem with the installation (permission, nodejs version failed… etc).

So i’m using nodejs version 11.0.0.

I installed (as root user) nvm, to have multiple nodejs version. So I installed it, and install the 10.13.0 version. When I do node -v (root user) it tells me that I’ve got the version 10.13.0. So far so good. And then, when I switch on my nott root user, the nvm command won’t work, and when I do node -v it tells me 11.0.0, so the installation is impossible.

Who can I do to fix this?

Sorry for my bad english, I’m french!

Penkie.

Node 11 is not supported, as documented:

Yes, i already know. That’s why I installed nvm. Did you read my post? Haha ^^

Oh sorry, admittedly I did skip past the part after “i’m using nodejs version 11.0.0”

Have you already been through this?

Okey, i uninstalled NVM like said in the faq. And I’m trying to install it in a not root user. So I did su username, and then I’m running the installation for nvm in cd $HOME. But I’m getting an error:
You have $NVM_DIR set to “/root/.nvm”, but that directory does not exist. Check your profile files and environment.
Any suggestion?

Just to update. After maybe ~4 hours, I did it! I now have the right node version. BUT , I’m still having issue with the installation. Im getting this:
:heavy_multiplication_x: Downloading and installing Ghost v2.6.0
A ProcessError occurred.
and
Message: Command failed: yarn install --no-emoji --no-progress
warning ghost@2.6.0: The engine “cli” appears to be invalid.

Any ideas why?

Little update. I don’t know how or why, but I just deleted all the files and restarted the installation, and now all work fine. At an excepetion, I putted the blog adresse to my domain, and this domain name redirect to the IP of my VPS (on digital ocean). And when I go to my domain, it goes to my very simple index.html in /var/www/html/index.html. (maintenance page) and not the blog. The blog is located on /var/www/ghost.

I’am gonna end this topic because the problem is solved and I’ll start a new with my new problem. Thanks John for helping me out this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.