SQL error on upgrade from v2 to v3

I admittedly haven’t upgraded my ghost installation for far to long. A shortfall I wanted to fix just now.

So I upgraded ghost-cli with npm and afterwards wanted to upgrade my 2.0.2 installation (which initially startet as a 1.x installation) to 3.5.1, which gives me the following error:

Message: show columns from members_stripe_customers_subscriptions - ER_NO_SUCH_TABLE: Table ‘ghost.members_stripe_customers_subscriptions’ doesn’t exist
Suggestion: journalctl -u ghost_localhost -n 50

Debug Information:
Node Version: v12.15.0
Ghost Version: 3.5.1
Ghost-CLI Version: 1.13.1
Environment: production
Command: ‘ghost update --force’

Is there any way to create this table beforhand or instruct the update process to create it?

thx,
Bapf

I had the same error upgrading from 1.26.2 to 3.5.2:

Debug Information:
    Node Version: v10.19.0
    Ghost Version: 3.5.2
    Ghost-CLI Version: 1.13.1
    Environment: production
    Command: 'ghost upgrade v3'
Message: show columns from `members_stripe_customers_subscriptions` - ER_NO_SUCH_TABLE: Table 'wonderblog_new.members_stripe_customers_subscriptions' doesn't exist
Suggestion: journalctl -u ghost_wonderproxy-com -n 50
Stack: Error: show columns from `members_stripe_customers_subscriptions` - ER_NO_SUCH_TABLE: Table 'wonderblog_new.members_stripe_customers_subscriptions' doesn't exist
    at Server.server.close (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/utils/port-polling.js:38:28)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:286:20)
    at Server.emit (events.js:198:13)
    at emitCloseNT (net.js:1619:8)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)

Upgrading to 3.4 with ghost upgrade 3.4.0 worked fine.

thx, worked!

I already tried updating to an not so recent version, but I didn’t catch that I had to use “upgrade” instead of “update” for that. :frowning:

I have this same error about stripe customer subscriptions, but when I try to upgrade to 3.4.0 it says I’m already at 3.5.x. Is there anyway to rollback that I haven’t found?

ghost update --rollback
should do the trick