Subdomains for: Transactional, bulk/marketing and system emails

In order to protect the reputation of mail email domain mydomain.com (i.e. reducing chances of it going to the SPAM folder), add possibility to use 3 different subdomains to handle:

• Transactional emails:
    Use case:
    Users/Members singing up to mydomain.com receiving confirmation emails, payment confirmation, etc. → optimally this could be set up as in a custom subdomain (e.g. alerts.mydomain.com)
    Where is this set up:
    I’ve had a look at the codebase and did some tests and at this stage the domain used here is the same as the one set up in Labs → Members → Email Settings. One cannot set up a subdomain.

• Marketing/Bulk emails:
    Use case:
    The posts sent out as a result from the write choosing “Send by email” when publishing a post → optimally this could be set up as a second custom subdomain (e.g. news.mydomain.com)
    Where is this set up:
    I’ve had a look at the codebase and did some tests and at this stage the domain used here is the same as the one set up in Labs → Members → Email Settings. One cannot set up a subdomain.

• System emails:
    Use case:
    Password resets for Ghost admin, Notification of new paid-member, notification of new member having joined, etc. → optimally this could be set up as a third custom subdomain (e.g. system.mydomain.com)
    Where is this set up:
    I’ve had a look at the codebase and did some tests and at this stage the domain used here can be adjusted: Configuration - Adapt your publication to suit your needs, but not to a subdomain

• Human to human emails:
    Use case:
    Humans writing to humans → only case in which the main nameofhuman@mydomain.com should be used

To conclude, I’d appreciate to be able to reserve the root mydomain.com for human-to-human interaction (but most importantly to protect the reputation and email deliverability of the root mydomain.com) and set up subdomains for all other top three use cases.

Thanks for the good work Ghost team!

Following up on this. Sending marketing/transactional emails from the same domain leads to issues like this:

Then, when you, for instance, send a proposal from your own email address to another human (sending a work proposal for instance), the email ends up going to the Promotions tab (or even worse: Spam).

Protecting email domain reputation is important. Would love to see this tackled by the Ghost team ! :raised_hands:t3: