Tags not being imported

HI

I am importing set of data into ghost cloud using Import content tool
i have attached the json i am trying to import but problem is the news data gets imported but tags and users are NOT imported

when i checked tags menu its empty in dashboard and also no news have tags in them.

Also i need help with

• create our own custom template and how do i upload it to ghost cloud

• Create a custom field for a post, where we can use it with created custom template

{
  "meta": {
    "exported_on": 1679126339252,
    "version": "1.0.0"
  },
  "data": {
    "posts": [
      {
        "id": 333973,
        "title": "Mumbai couple found dead in their residence after celebrating Holi",
        "slug": "mumbai-couple-dead-after-celebrating-holi-body-found-in-bathroom",
        "mobiledoc": "{\"version\":\"0.3.1\",\"atoms\":[],\"cards\":[],\"markups\":[],\"sections\":[[1,\"p\",[[0,[],0,\"Holi was celebrated in the Indian states on March 8 (yesterday) this year. Meanwhile, a couple was found dead in their shower following the Holi celebrations. The tragic incident took place in Kukreja Towers, Ghatkopar, Mumbai and the bodies were found on Wednesday.\"]]],[1,\"p\",[[0,[],0,\"The victims were identified to be 44-year-old Deepak Shah and 39-year-old Tina Shah. According to the police, the couple went home on Tuesday night after celebrating with neighbours and family members. Their fate was learnt when their housemaid came for work on Wednesday morning and found the doors locked.\"]]],[1,\"p\",[[0,[],0,\"The maid informed Deepak's mother and then their relatives as there was no answer from Deepak and Tina. Reports say that relatives opened the couple's house with a spare key and found the couple lying dead and naked in the bathroom. No external injury marks were found on the bodies, which have been sent to Rajawadi Hospital for a post-mortem.\"]]],[1,\"p\",[[0,[],0,\"While the police await the results, the housing society said the geyser gas leak could have caused the deaths. The inspector told the media that the couple was living alone and had no children. The Pant Nagar police have reportedly filed an Accidental Death Report (ADR) in the case.\"]]]]}",
        "feature_image": "https://indiaglitz-media.s3.amazonaws.com/tamil/news/mumbai932023t-ecf.jpg",
        "feature_image_alt": "Mumbai Couple Dead After Celebrating Holi Body Found in Bathroom",
        "featured": 1,
        "page": 0,
        "status": "published",
        "published_at": 1678366565000,
        "published_by": "6",
        "meta_title": "Mumbai couple found dead in their residence after celebrating Holi",
        "meta_description": "Holi was celebrated in the Indian states on March 8 (yesterday) this year. Meanwhile, a couple was found dead in their shower following the Holi celebrations.",
        "email_only": false,
        "author_id": "6",
        "created_at": 1678366565000,
        "created_by": "6",
        "updated_at": 1678366565000,
        "updated_by": "6"
      }
    ]
  },
  "tags": [
    {
      "id": 1,
      "name": "Tamil",
      "slug": "tamil",
      "description": ""
    },
    {
      "id": 2,
      "name": "Hindi",
      "slug": "hindi",
    },
    {
      "id": 3,
      "name": "Telugu",
      "slug": "telugu",
    },
    {
      "id": 4,
      "name": "Malayalam",
      "slug": "malayalam",
    },
    {
      "id": 5,
      "name": "English",
      "slug": "english",
    },
    {
      "id": 6,
      "name": "Kannada",
      "slug": "kannada",
    },
    {
      "id": 7,
      "name": "Headlines",
      "slug": "headlines",
    }
  ],
  "posts_tags": [
    {
      "tag_id": 1,
      "post_id": 333973
    },
    {
      "tag_id": 7,
      "post_id": 333973
    }
  ],
  "users": [
    {
      "id": "4",
      "name": "Author Grauer",
      "slug": "",
      "email": "test@gmail.com",
      "profile_image": null,
      "cover_image": null,
      "bio": null,
      "website": null,
      "location": null,
      "accessibility": null,
      "meta_title": null,
      "meta_description": null,
      "created_at": 1679126339252,
      "created_by": 1,
      "updated_at": 1679126339252,
      "updated_by": 1
    }
  ]
}

thank you.

It looks like your JSON file isn’t formatted correctly.

All data should be in the data object:

"data": {
  "posts": [{...}, ...],
  "tags": [],
  "users": [],
  "posts_tags": [],
  "posts_authors": [],
  "roles_users": []
}

For your other questions, please make separate topics.

Thanks for response. it worked.

1 Like