Thank You to John, Ghost Staff, Theme Developers and All Contributors

I just want to say a huge and sincere thank you to @John, the Ghost staff and all contributors, including those who have contributed code to the project as well as those who consistently help people here in this forum: Some who come to mind are @denvergeeks, @ahmadajmi, @Stromfeldt, @vikaspotluri123, @DavidDarnes, @dsecareanu, @pascalandy, @thebear.dev and @iBotPeaches. Sorry, I’ve undoubtedly missed some people but Discourse will only allow me to tag 10 people in this post.

In my opinion, Ghost is already one of the best open source projects, and I can only see it getting better and better from here.

I’m so personally grateful that John began this effort to provide an alternative (and perhaps successor) to Wordpress, and I’m so grateful as well to everyone who has helped him work towards that goal.

I also want to thank the theme developers, especially Ahmadajmi from Aspire Themes and Norbert from Biron Themes, for all the hard work they’ve done (and the excellent themes they’ve produced) which have contributed greatly to the Ghost ecosystem.

32 Likes

Thanks for putting a smile on all of our faces today :heart:

14 Likes

I heartily agree - the technical quality of the project is outstanding, and the development processes around it are first class. The continuous series of point-releases reduces upgrade risk, and keeps the devops procedures fresh.

I point people to Ghost whenever I need a gold standard example of modern software development.

Oh - and the product is fantastic too!! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Talking about technical stuff @Kevin and @acburdine both deserve a big cheers as well. Thank you two, always been gentlemen :heart:

7 Likes

@DonaldH your kind words of appreciation and recognition are both heart warming and motivating, and a timely reminder of why I enjoy this community so much!!!

3 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words :heart_eyes:. It’s been really great to chat and help the community here, so it’s lovely to hear this :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Spread the love! :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you for that!

We all do our best :slight_smile: Stay safe out there.

2 Likes

I don’t deserve the spot in there :slight_smile: but thank you for your kind words.

2 Likes

All the responses to this thread give me the warm and fuzzies. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m excited to be part of this nascent but extremely promising project, and looking forward to seeing what our community’s theme and integration developers come up with next. I believe there is another native commenting system coming soon…

2 Likes

Thanks for spreading the love. We are all working for the ghost from love.

2 Likes

I am also want to take this opportunity to convey my thanks and gratitude to the Ghost team and this Awesome community. I think I have learned more than I have contributed(?) to this community. :heart: :pray:t4:

3 Likes

At the time I posted this topic, I didn’t realise that @Hannah is a co-founder and equal partner of the Ghost project, and therefore I failed to give Hannah the credit she deserved and deserves. I want to apologise to the community and to Hannah in particular for making this mistake, especially because I am aware that all too often women are not given the credit they deserve and I am guilty of that in this instance.

Thank you, Hannah. Please accept my sincere apology, and gratitude for your equal contribution to bringing this brilliant project and community to fruition :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I let my site linger for 4 months or so, as private life took over, but I just went back into it and just forgot how slick and well-thought-out everything is. Am fully intending to relaunch my site again soon.

Thanks for what you’ve built - Ghost is truly amazing.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for making my life far easier (from when I was using Wordpress) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think Ghost’s official slogan should be:

Leave Wordpress, already. You can do better than that piece of #$%&.

@John and @Hannah , I have a question I’d like to ask you both privately, so would you mind if I sent you both a private message, or email, if that’s easier? Thank you :smiling_face: