What is the recommended approach to accessing admin dashboard from gatsby based theme

I’m setting up Ghost 3 with gatsby-based theme. With handlebars theme, we could navigate to /ghost and have access to the admin dashboard. What is the recommended approach to accessing admin dashboard from gatsby based theme?

As I understand, I somehow need to make admin available on some URL, say, admin.mydomain.com. Ideally, I wouldn’t want to add /ghost to the URL, I’d want the URL to directly access admin UI. This solution still requires adding /ghost part.. Any way to implement direct access to admin UI on admin.mydomain.com without adding /ghost part to the URL?

Once I do that, I could them implement a redirect inside gasby app from gatsbydomain.com/ghost to the admin.mydomain.com where my admin is available. Is it how it should be done?

As of now, the /ghost path is tightly coupled to the functionality of both the API and the admin interface. (so, unfortunately not)

If you’re using a service like Netlify, another option is to use the redirects file. This offloads the redirection to a server instead of a client :)

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for your help!