If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you. Try to always mention:
- What’s your URL? https://jmk.sh
- What version of Ghost are you using? Ghost-CLI version: 1.13.1 // Ghost version: 3.9.0
- What configuration? DigitalOcean 1-Click Droplet with Cloudflare
- What browser? N/A
- What errors or information do you see in the console? 502 Bad Gateway
This is with a fresh DO Droplet and the 1-Click install of Ghost from the DO Marketplace.
ghost doctor reports nothing wrong, and the startup for
ghost start looks fine in the output and provides the default URL for the admin interface. When directly navigating to https://DO-Droplet-IP I see the vanilla 502 Bad Gateway nginx page.
I did find this issue on github that began as a support request and evolved into a bug in Ghost-CLI where the default
config.production.json points at the incorrect port but after updating hasn’t solved the issue.
On the Cloudflare end, I have SSL/TLS encryption mode set to “Full” which is “Encrypts end-to-end, using a self signed certificate on the server” (applies to me as the Droplet uses a Let’s Encrypt certificate). I verified that
jmk.sh-ssl.conf is pointing at the created Lets Encrypt certificate. I have the following settings for my Edge Certificates:
- Always use HTTPS - enabled
- HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) - disabled
- Minimum TLS Version - TLS 1.3
- TLS 1.3 - On (this is a separate setting from above)
- Automatic HTTPS Rewrites - on
- Universal SSL - enabled
I found some other topics related to 502 on image upload but none of the troubleshooting there seemed to help, or I wasn’t quite sure if it applied.
I’d appreciate some guidance! Thanks in advance.