I think this discussion could benefit from the suggestion of making a third-party service like Akismet available. I get probably 50-100 spam signups a week because I have a list around 10k, and while a Captcha is one solution, something like Akismet or Cleantalk also brings knowledge of low-rep senders in general, which could do a lot to nip the problem in the bud.
ernie
12
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Ghost subscribe form hit by spam signups, hurting sender reputation | 2 | 446 | December 26, 2024 | |
| Signup Captcha planned/possible? | 34 | 734 | September 6, 2026 | |
| Akismet (or similar) anti-spam support for email signups | 3 | 2098 | May 28, 2018 | |
| Sign Up Form Captcha Protection | 0 | 759 | May 6, 2021 | |
| Add reCAPTCHA / Spam prevent option | 2 | 763 | November 9, 2023 |