Add feature: Find and replace

Basic editing feature that will save us all time editing.

Honestly there are so many other necessary things, that I don’t see that one important, for now why not control/command F? If it’s bulk, just copy paste it into a text editor, since it’s markdown language, you won’t lose the format.

2 Likes

Sure, I can CMD+F to find stuff, but can’t replace them all at once like Google Docs or other apps. Like I said, it’s not a dead-urgent thing—just a basic editing feature that will save everyone time when editing.

1 Like

Looks like 3 years later, a simple find and replace function in the editor still does not exist. I’m sure a lot of people would find this useful. It’s not as simple as just pasting it into a text editor, running a find & replace, and pasting it back in. This is because the formatting gets messed up, images don’t get copied across etc. So I have to manually go through posts, which is really time consuming.

1 Like

Yes, this is one of a number of editing tools that need to be added. I spent some time exploring whether I could replace the editor with TinyMCE, but finally decided I didn’t want to mess with it. I wish the staff would implement it, though.