Snippet search and edit

I have created a large number of snippets to provide functionality not available in the current editor, as well as HTML blocks I use regularly. I’m now at the point where scrolling through them, and sometimes editing them, is becoming a drag of a process.

So, I am proposing an addition to the editor where we can select (and edit) snippets. Since the current editor is a “blank screen” block-style editor, I’m not sure where such a drop-down would live. But, I think it would make using snippets much easier. Thanks!

It’s already possible to search, edit, and delete snippets without having to leave the editor

2 Likes

I was unaware of the ability to update or search. (Will have to think of a good naming convention.) Thanks for the reply; will mark my idea as solved. Thanks!

I overlooked it in the video but I thought it’s worthwhile pointing out:

CleanShot 2023-11-20 at 09.39.45

Don’t worry, this will only affect using the snippet in the future. Any older posts using this snippet will stay the same.

I edited the snippet in the spirit it would work globally / retrospective and I realised the future angle only when the update-confirmation popped up.

It would be cool though if there would be a choice like:

• cancel
  • update all
  • update from now

Is this a feature that you would exclude in principle?

Hey I’m pretty interested in the snippets you made. Would you like to share some of them?