Adding subscription signup form on home page

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, so I hope I am posting in the correct category.

I have free membership enabled on my ghost installation (Peakscale Blog). Everything works fine, I just want to add a subscription form at the bottom of the blog home page. More than 50% of users access the blog on their mobile, and for some reason the Casper theme doesn’t show the subscribe option on the mobile home page (it shows on the desktop home page on top). To work around this, I want to add a subscription form at the bottom of the home page (it will render on both desktop and mobile), the way it does at the bottom of the individual posts.

I did a fair bit of research on the forum here and added this piece of code from post.hbs to index.hbs:

{{!-- Email subscribe form at the bottom of the page --}}
{{#if @labs.members}}
{{> subscribe-form}}
{{/if}}

I tried adding it just above , just after , and just above - but the form just doesn’t render on the home page. I also tried adding it by removing the {{#if @labs.members}} condition.

I have 3 questions:

a. How do I get the subscription form to show up on the blog home page?

b. If (a) starts working, how do I make sure that with a theme update the subscription form code doesn’t get overwritten? Is there a concept similar to Wordpress’s child theme functions.php available in ghost to avoid code being overwritten on update?

c. How do I add the ghost subscription form to my Wordpress site running on https://peakscale.io ?

Thanks in advance.