Basic Subscribe form with casper defaults

I am looking for help creating a subscription form out of the original Casper theme. Usually when you click subscribe with members feature turned on, that little subscribe form pops up, is there a way to make this into a subscription form that I can add below all of my posts without editing the theme?

Maybe place it in the footer injection of my site?

Hi @IndustryExperts,

the theme editing would be fairly easy, so why not give it a try?
In the post.hbs go to line113 delete {{#if @labs.members}} and {{/if}} to always render the subscribe form below the post.

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately, I do not even know how to edit a theme. :frowning:

I don’t even know how to open it, to be able to edit it

I see,
no problem.
Do you know how to access your ghost directory? (where ghost is located on your server)
From there on the path is:
/content/themes/casper/post.hbs
You can open it with a text editor

I use Midnight hosting for my Ghost site. I know how to download my theme, but I just dont know what editor to open the zipped file in?

I have a zipped file downloaded of my ghost theme, what would you recommend next? Which editor should I use etc.

You can unzip your theme.
And open the post.hbs file, edit it, save it, zip the folder and upload it again.
I would recommend VSCode:

It might be a bit overkill in the beginning, but there’s a reason it’s the most used text editor for coding.

However for simply editing your .hbs files you could use the windows editor or notepad or any standard editor you have preinstalled on your OS :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, Hey, Hey!!! Your the man! You helped me solve some problems man! Thanks

2 Likes