Anyone have maintenance mode?

Hello,

I’m looking to change the theme on my blog but I would like to avoid showing the site during this change. Indeed, I certainly have several translations to do and other changes. If I can avoid showing an unfinished blog, that would be great.

I’ve looked everywhere but I can’t find anything about a potential maintenance mode that can be activated. If you could guide me or help me, it would be very nice of you, thanking you in advance.

Are you working on a brand new site? If so, Ghost has the option to make your site private/password protected in Settings → General → Make site private.

However, if your site is already live then you wouldn’t want to use this feature (it disables all search engine optimization and social features). In this case, the best thing to do is install Ghost locally. You can use a local install as a theme development environment - and then when it’s ready for your production site all you have to do is install your new theme.

1 Like

Yes my blog is already live.
I had thought about doing it locally but was wondering if there was a way to do it with a maintenance mode, which would have been better.

Thank you for your reply. :ok_hand: