Author Page - Social Media Accounts

Is it possible to remove the Facebook and Twitter icons from the author profile page (.e.g Sean Hamilton - Nurui) and replace them with Linkedin?

Hi @Sean_Kahn, at the minute the social link fields are limited to Twitter, Facebook and a website URL.

However if the author hasn’t added a Facebook and Twitter profile those icons shouldn’t appear. To add a LinkedIn icon you could add the link to the author bio description and then use the following JavaScript on the author template to replace the linked text with an icon:

[...document.querySelectorAll('a[href*="https://linkedin.com/in/"]')].map(link => {
	link.innerHTML = `
		<svg><title>${link.textContent}</title>... icon code...</svg>
	`;
})

I’ve made a demo here to show what happens:

Hope this helps, if you have any queries just ask

1 Like

@DavidDarnes I think we could benefit from adding a LinkedIn field to the author’s bio. I am quite certain that a log of blogs are professional oriented and in that world LinkedIn is the gorilla, not FB.

2 Likes

That really depends on the purpose of the publication. LinkedIn may well be predominant in your line of work, but not everyone’s. You could always repurpose the author website field for LinkedIn, or customise the author template to include a link to their LinkedIn profile :slight_smile:

In our case we do have an author’s website and a LinkedIn Profile. We do not use FB at all, as we focus on professionals mainly. If you look at the statistics, you cover the blogging + marketing world almost completely with the top three: Twitter + FB + LinkedIn.

Agree with this. As a travel blogger, I think its better to have Instagram also. @DavidDarnes will it be able to add them?

1 Like

This is a clear requirement. We need linkedin Social media option in profile, in professional line of work that’s the key! No one uses facebook these days