Backing up from Ghost Pro (including content)

Hi All,

I’m a Ghost Pro user and have already sent this over to the support email. I will wait for an official response on Monday.

I would like to keep regular, full backups of my publication, including all images. However, there just doesn’t seem to be any option to do so. The Export Content option only provides the text content (and meta data) of the post.

I moving over from Jekyll and would really really like to give Ghost a shot. I have gone as far as porting my current Jekyll theme to ghost. Also willing to live without image management. However, not being able to backup full content of my blog seems a bit odd.

Just wanted to see what other folks are doing in this regard.

As far as I know your blog is automatically backed up by Ghost so you don’t have to worry about it.

If you want to keep a separated backup you can export the content as you mentioned, but I am not sure how you can export the images (there is no media library available in Ghost at the moment).

I am sure though that the team will provide support via the official channel.

Hi there! If you’re having any issue with a Ghost(Pro) site, please drop us an email on support@ghost.org and we’ll be more than happy to give you a hand directly :slight_smile: