Can we remove the publish date from Ghost?

If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you. Try to always mention:

• What’s your URL? This is the easiest way for others to debug your issue
    https://blog.simplecanvasprints.com/

• What version of Ghost are you using?
    Marquis - 1.0.0 theme

• What configuration?
    I am not sure

• What browser?
    Chrome

• What errors or information do you see in the console?
    I am not sure

• What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?
    None really I am just wondering about how to change the theme.

First thing if you can category to themes since this is not about installation.

Now to your issue. Its a bit hard to get to the area that needs changing without the theme code. but im going to take a guess based on a normal theme layout.

From my understanding you want to remove the date from the post cards what you want to do is looks for the section its in it could be directly under index.hbs or under partials/post-card.hbs(or something similar) that is bascialy a loop for every post around the bottom of the code you will find something like this <time datetime= you will want to remove that line.

Another thing that you can do to make it easier instead of looking all over each file to find the codes is open the theme in an editor like atom or Visual studio code and do a global search for the term <time datetime= that should show all refernces and just delete that seaction

If you want since this is looks like a quick fix if you can share your theme I can tell you which lines of code you can edit.

Hi Kmutahar for the information!

My IT team actually did solve this with:

.post-meta time{ opacity: 0; }

Ok great and just a heads up this doesnt remove the date it just hides it

BTW: where did you get the theme from its quite interesting.

Right we determined that was the best solution to just hide it. I believe we got it here but it appears that it no longer is purchasable. Also our web design team did some heavy editing on it.

https://www.ghostforbeginners.com/marquis/

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello Everyone, I want to remove the publication date from my Ghost blog posts and pages. I read this post:

The thread is now closed.

One of the commentators mentioned the following code will hide the publication date =
.post-meta time{ opacity: 0; }

However, I am not sure where I should insert this?

I have inserted in code injection, I tried header and footer, and it didn’t work. I then tried the code injection for the individual post, and that also didn’t work.

Could you please let me know the solution if you know the answer. Thank you.

@RyanUK You’ll want to wrap that in a style tag - try something like this:

<style>.post-meta time {display: none;}</style>

Where do I paste the code? Code injection footer or header. For the site or just for the page? I tried in all 4 locations and it did not work. Thank you by the way.

Can you share your site URL? If you’re not using the Casper theme, it may require a different style.

This should be put in the site-wide CI head

Hi, I am not using Casper. I am using another theme. I have found the solution from the developer. Thank you for your assistance on this.