Can't find private API key from Mailgun

I just created a fresh installation of Ghost through FastComet and everything in the setup went smoothly until it was time to deal with the email portion.

I followed all the steps to set up mailgun by adding DNS records but when it came time to input the private API key into Ghost, I could not find it on my mailgun profile. Do I have any other options here? I can’t get the email element of the site working.

Please refer to this guide.

Unless I am missing something, nowhere in that article does it say how to make the private API key appear. It talks about creating different API keys, but not the one required by Ghost.

You have to create a new API key; it’s only displayed briefly. This is explained in the document.

I’ve put an API key in and it says it’s configured…but I still get an “magic link not sent” error.

I’ve edited the config.development with the appropriate code but it still doesn’t seem to be working.

Please share your configuration for transactional email.

I’ve expanded a little more on what I believe to be the primary issue now (Gmail user signups not working) in this thread: Gmail signups/subscribers not working

This doesn’t help anyone here diagnose your issue using Mailgun for transactional email.

Please post your config.

If you had made the effort to click over to the other post, you would see that the config is posted there. This part of my issue is resolved. I am only working on how to get emails to gmail accounts working.

Just to be clear: you’re in a community support forum, and mjw is a volunteer. It’s a bad look to ask for free help and then complain about it.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I have not received any help here. And if the volunteers here need more information to provide help, that information is provided in the other post which I linked to. If I could delete this post to prevent volunteers from responding here instead of the more up-to-date thread, I would. But that option is not available to me.