Custom theme styling for Ghost search

Is there a process to style the new site search modal? Where do those files live?

I would like to:

• not search or show authors
  • change the placeholder text
  • change the colors and fonts
  • remove the background blur as that can lag

It’s not possible to style - currently - but I’ve moved this post to the feature request category so people can vote on it!

2 Likes

Would be nice for that theoretical custom styling to be added to Portal as well in order to cater for dark modes.

3 Likes

The user experience is so jarring right now when in dark mode and using portal/search. I love that comments have dark mode compatibility, just need it in the rest of portal!

1 Like

I would love to be able to change the placeholders. I changed the taxonomies names and native search is unusable in this context.

For anyone interested, I updated my dark-mode fork of Portal to (1) update to 2.12.0 and (2) fix missing styling from the plan selection page. If you want to try it, the link above tells you how. :slight_smile:

Reports of missing styles appreciated. There are a handful of spots where Portal has colors hard-coded instead of using variables, and it was a bit of a whack-a-mole to find them all.

1 Like

Unfortunately this doesn’t work for Ghost Pro users

Thanks for that. I self-host, and it didn’t occur to me that Ghost(Pro) users couldn’t edit their config file.

The right thing to do here would be to take a flag for dark mode that gets passed to Portal, just like the accent color does. I guess the first step is probably to find all the places Portal doesn’t use its own color variables and file a PR against those…